March 28, 2009

Drywall finishing Today



Party in the attic! Come on up, bring your own sawz-all!
But seriously I'm getting way to used to being up there. I'm just cutting more of the paster ceiling away so I can put one big patch up instead of 5 little ones. Preparing for dry wall.


The drywallers came today! You can't see what all they did in the photo but they put 9 8 foot sticks of metal corner bead, paper covered on the walls and the beam. Added about 4 sheets of dry wall and 3 bags of 40 min hot mud to even things out in this old house. The ceiling will be skim coated along with some walls tomorrow. We are going for a smooth look and the old knock down texture is going to be hidden. I will borrow a texture gun later to spray on a orange peel.

No comments: