
We ran romex to the lights and the circuit breaker and I moved the switch to a double gang box on the right side of the door opening. This took all day since there was TONS of blown in insulation to dig through in the attic to find the wires. Also Knob and tube uses twices as many wires as the new 3 strand romex, so figuring out the old wiring is time consuming.
Sunday: Dad offered to come down again and I was so greatful to make progress again on the kitchen. We ran a new 240v 40amp wire under the house then up through the half wall near the stairs for the range. This allowed me to cut off the old box poking up through the floor. At the same time we pulled a new wire for the hot water heater downstairs.
Now I need to connect the new wires to the water heater, cut the old wires in the wall I want to remove, and of course deal with the plumbing vent pipe in that wall.....
No comments:
Post a Comment