November 26, 2008

Kitchen Remodel - Demolition - 11/8/08

( Nov. 8th 2008) Started Demolition on 2 walls in our kitchen today. I didn't know what I would find in the walls but I knew our house would be better with 2 feet added to an 8 foot wide kitchen and a "breakfast bar" between the living room and the kitchen.

This is what I hope the finished kitchen will look like. Our oven will be in the same spot.


















I soon was hammering away and saw that the walls were over an inch thick.

A combination of cement backer board and plaster oh I can't forget the wood paneling. Oh knob and tube wiring everywhere oh joy!




Here is after I cleaned up for the day. The next day I decided I should take down the plaster of the wall you see on your right behind the wood paneling and map. That way the walls will be uniform new drywall wall when it's time to replace the wall board.

No comments: