Staging area to put together Ikea cabs! Thanks to both Cheryl and I's parents for helping out both days of putting them together. We're still not done... with a small kitchen too. I couldn't imagine doing a large kitchen.
dad hanging bar that uppers hang from
Volcom shirt that looks like overalls. It didn't help reading Ikea's hieroglyphs they call instructions. We moved the upper cab behind me up 2" the 2nd day. Glad we did so we would have 19" between the finished counter and the bottom of the upper cabs. Before we only had 15" and it was claustrophobic to work on the counter tops.
We used my dad's ultra handy auto-leveling laser to shoot a perfect line on two walls. This was awesome because after 69 years my house is not level. Measuring from the floor up or ceiling down would have be useless. Also the Ikea cabs have adjustable legs and they made our cabs lever in all ways! I'm not used to seeing the level right in the middle!
you can see that the window on the right is a foot shorter than it used to be. I've since decided to rip out the sill and make it counter height and only slightly smaller than it used to be.
Here is the original rough opening it's 4'x4'. It needs to come up about 7" to be counter height. I'm planning on extending the sill by bumping out the window 8-10". The counter top will flow into the window sill.

This is want I"m wanting. Notice the bump out for the window and the counter flowing into the window. I've already made the bump out from 2x10's.
No comments:
Post a Comment